Blog Schedule


I’ve been trying to put together a website and a name brand to help better sell my writing services.  Creating the name came easily after a short brainstorming session, but deciding what I offered was much harder.  My lack of confidence made me feel I wasn’t qualified to offer anything. 

Then, I signed up on Linkedin and while setting up my profile my thoughts started to come together. The site required a description of my job titles or expertise.  So, I sucked it up and went for it.  My profile lists my qualifications as: freelance writer, blogger and editor.  Write it down, make it happen. I felt more confident knowing what I offered.  Everything in my profile then began to support my qualifications.  My confidence meter started to rise.  


Ok, so I have a resume ready to go, but what about my actual skills?  Unfortunately, my daily writing has been lackluster and unproductive.  I’ve been slacking off, and if I continue I won't improve. I've been preoccupied with my platform and building my readership, completely neglecting my actual writing. I created a Twitter account for christ sakes.   


My blog has been sucking the writing energy right out of me.  I am constantly coming up with ideas, scribbling them down on any available surface.  Once I get to writing, I can't seem to figure out which topic I want to write about.  Some of them require research.  What am I going to say? Several hours go by and I've produced a stiff, unexciting, monotone blog post.   Ahhhh!  


Of course my fiction writing gets pushed aside.  My confidence meter starts to drop. Seriously, I knew writing as a career would be difficult, but this is ridiculous.

My thoughts floated back to my Linkedin profile.  Once I knew what I was offering as a businesswoman on my resume, I was able to organize my information to help me market myself successfully.  Hey, why not do the same for my blog.  So, I started another brainstorming session to determine what I wanted to write about on my blog. 

I knew I couldn’t just talk about my experience writing everyday.  It isn’t that eventful, so I thought about the other topics I’ve written about lately.  I wrote everything down, with a description of what exactly I wanted to accomplish or how I should approach each daily topic.  Afterwards, I came up with a weekly schedule.  This way I have a set routine and I know what topic to write about when. Oh, the confidence meter is rising again. Here's what I came up with:             

Blog Schedule

Monday: Journal my writing experience
Tuesday: Discussion of writing current events
Wednesday: Display my work
Thursday: Journal my writing experience
Friday: Offer my knowledge

Because this flash of genius came up over the weekend, I am implementing it this week.  So far, so good.  The ultimate goal is to spend less time worrying about my blog and spend more time with my fiction and revisions.  I will reassess next week.  Keep your fingers crossed!


How do you approach your blog posts?  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Insecure Writer's Support Group:Overwhelmed

Nomenclature: Help Name My Characters!

Inspirational Blogfest: Wake Up Your Writing Genius