Drained, but Positive


I'm exhausted. Shoveling over a foot of snow drained all my energy.  This blog post is going to be short.    

I just signed up for my first writing class.  It's a four week online course in February lead by 
Author Craig Clevenger.  It looks like its going to be the kick in the pants I need.  I'm really excited and can't wait to get started.

I also entered Nathan Bransford Paragraph Contest.  My entry is below.  I honestly have no idea if it's any good.  

I'm not even sure if I'm any good at writing.  One thing I know: I'm tired of doubting myself.  Magpie Writes discussed the murdering of your inner editor on her blog today.  Right now, I'm giving mine a big F U! 

Honestly, I may not always believe in my work, but I believe in myself.  I'm making positive steps in my writing life.  I just need to have the patience to wait and see where they take me.       

That's it.  Nothing clever, funny or insightful today.  Just tired.  


Rebecca placed her hands on her knees gulping in air.  The cold burned her lungs.  Looking over her shoulder to the top of the grassy stairs, she realized she had a head start, but the barking was getting louder.  She stood up looking for her boat, stumbling from the blood rush to her head.  It was gone.  Squinting through the fog, she saw it, a five-minute swim away.   The sun is coming up. I need to hurry.  As she climbed onto the small boulders making up the shore, she slipped.  She sucked in air, cringing at the pain.  Blood ran down her shin.  She glanced back up the hill.  The erratic movement of a flashlight announced the dogs at the top of the stairs.  They ran down, barking their determination to stop her.  She stood up, trying to keep her balance on the slippery rocks.  

What do you like/dislike about my paragraph?  Anything missing?        

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Insecure Writer's Support Group:Overwhelmed

Nomenclature: Help Name My Characters!

Inspirational Blogfest: Wake Up Your Writing Genius