A dedicated and enthusiastic professional seeking a challenging position that will utilize my experience and education to offer performance-based opportunities for advancement.
· Self-motivated personality capable of independent and collaborative tasks.
· Highly organized initiative capable of tackling multiple and simultaneous tasks.
· Strong listening skills anticipate necessary tasks.
· Well-developed customer service skills diffuse stressful and aggressive situations.
· An innovative approach ensures a productive, efficient, and exciting work environment.
Yellowbook, King of Prussia, PA·November 2011-April 2012
Web Content Writer
Conducted telephone interviews to identify advertiser’s goal and establish website direction and relevancy. Developed targeted benefit-rich copy to convey company products and services to encourage immediate user action for 5-20 page websites. Added all necessary SEO data to create a search-friendly page that is properly indexed by Google and Yahoo! Used creativity, enthusiasm and confidence when confronting new and complex challenges.
· Handled the weekly Aged WIP List report for my supervisor, increasing the website workflow.
· Created training materials to help ease new copywriters into the fast-paced and complex work environment.
· Earned the highest quality score, 9.9 out of 10 in March.
Pennwriters, Inc., Langhorne, PA·July 2011-May 2012
Online Courses Coordinator
Managed and marketed Pennwriters, Inc. online writing courses. Used B2C Internet marketing, reaching a national audience through direct response marketing via email, LinkedIn, Yahoo! groups, Twitter and Facebook. Facilitated the courses to provide the instructor and students with any technical or non-class specific assistance. Updated the Online Courses webpage. Reported enrollment statistics at board meetings.
MetroKids Magazine, Philadelphia, PA·Fall 2010
I revised the 2011 print and web editions of the Family-Find It Book. Researched and fact checked new and existing attractions via the Internet and telephone to provide updated information. Wrote short and long attraction descriptions.
· Wrote the article “10 Great Family DVDS,” published in the February 2011 issue of MetroKids Magazine, with an 110,000-reader circulation.
Mariana Bracetti Academy Charter School, Philadelphia, PA·2009-2010
English Language Arts Teacher
Taught reading and writing to 8th grade inner city students with original teaching, testing and bulletin board materials. I covered two novel units with The House On Mango Street and The Giver that included essays and a project that required students to create their own utopian society. Ended the year with a research paper unit on capital punishment. Prepared students for the PSSAs and proctored the state test. Participated in 8th grade team, English department and faculty meetings.
· Participated in an after-school/tutoring program to provide the junior and senior high school students a safe place to go and to help them with homework, math skills and studying.
· Collaborated with the school’s grant writer on a grant for a book club we received providing 20 copies of three novels that dealt with death, abuse and alternative families. I facilitated the book club with 10-15 junior and senior high school students.
· Contributed to the highest parent involvement (87%) in the 10 years the school had been opened.
Richard C. Crockett Middle School, Hamilton, NJ·2008-2009
Long-Term Reading Substitute Teacher
Taught reading to 7th grade students with a combination of existing and original teaching, testing and bulletin board materials. I covered a short story unit that included pieces by Gary Soto, Dean Walters, Amy Tan and Rudyard Kipling, a poetry analysis unit, a drama unit with A Christmas Carol and two novel units with The Westing Game and Where The Red Fern Grows that included a diorama project. Prepared students for the NJ Ask and proctored the state test.
· Participated in the 6th grade Stokes Wilderness overnight educational trip in November and March.
· Collaborated and piloted a team teaching class with special education and remedial reading students that the school implemented into the reading program.
Sylvan Learning Center, Langhorne, PA·2007-2008
Lead tutoring sessions for beginning readers, academic readers, advanced readers, writing and study stills to students’ ages 5-62. Used positive reinforcement to motivate and encourage students. Maintained a communication log on students’ progress after each hour. Managed student behavior with a 1:3 ratio.
· Conceived and managed a project to strengthen students’ understanding of adjectives and to expand their creativity. Students described the look of a monster. Then had an artist draw the monster from their descriptions, which is displayed in the Sylvan tutoring area.
Holy Family University
2006 Secondary English Teaching Certificate
Northeast Philadelphia, PA
Penn State University
2003 Bachelor of Arts in English
State College, PA
Professional Organizations - Bucks County Writers Group
Computer Skills - Proficient skills in Microsoft Office Suite, scheduling programs and web design programs.