Neil Gaiman, The Badger, and Your Favorite Characters from Children's Literature

Over at Tor.com Stubby the Rocket talks about The Story Museum's newest exhibit: photographs of British writers and storytellers dressing up as their favorite children's lit characters. Neil Gaiman chose Badger from The Wind in the Willows. What a fun idea!

I always loved Ottie and the Star by Laura Jean Allen. An adventurous little fellow who meets all kinds of new sea animals on his journey to find the star. I still have the book report I wrote in first grade. So, if I had the chance to dress up as my favorite children's lit character, I believe it would be Ottie.

A close second would be Charlotte Scarlet Monster from a book whose name eludes me Scarlet Monster Lives Here by Marjorie Weinman Sharmat and illustrated by Dennis Kendrick, but is hiding I found in a box somewhere in my parent's attic.

Which character from your childhood would you dress up as?

Comments

-
Yay!!
yoo RITE!
Gotta lotta
extraordinary
exponential
exactly.
Wannum?

Popular posts from this blog

Nomenclature: Help Name My Characters!

Inspirational Blogfest: Wake Up Your Writing Genius

Prose from the Pros #7: A is for Adele