NaNoWriMo-Day 11

Current word count: 13,061-17,341

One caveat for NaNoWriMo participants: Avoid bookstores. Seeing the shelves of new writers, wishing my name were there, is defeatist. It leaves you in a desolate place where doubt and fear swallow you whole.

Crap. All I have written is crap. Literary junk food is the only level my novel might attain, and literary is overly optimistic.

The dialogue is suffocating the narration. There is too much and it’s starting to annoy me. Lexi is a silent main character. No one, including me, knows what she’s thinking. Clearly, balance does not exist in my writing toolbox.

Revision is an inaccurate word to describe the next stage once I’ve finished writing. Complete overhaul sounds better. Reading my words brings on fits of despair. Don’t even get me started on the lack of interesting in my sentences. You would have thought I was a first grader just learning to put words together to make sentences. Quantity over quality. Wait, I think that was the goal of the challenge. Either way, my writing is awful, but at least my word count is catching up.

I…must…keep…writing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Insecure Writer's Support Group:Overwhelmed

E is for Erasure Poetry

L is for Location, Location, Location